Position Overview General labor is responsible for safely handle products. Verifies material meets customer requirements and company expectations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Moves and secures products and other materials according to instructions.
- Finish products according to customer requirements.
- Following specifications.
- Troubleshoots equipment.
- Follows instructions according to company policy and customer requirements
- Ensures correct quantities and material before leaving the work area
- Maintains accurate inventory and report any problems or discrepancies to supervisor
- Records production
- Maintains work area clean and organized
- Assist other work areas moving material, loading and unloading material
- Performs other duties as required
- Minimum 6th grade education or equivalent.
- No minimum experience is required.
- Working knowledge of basic math.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
- Ability to correctly read a tape measure and moisture meter
- Ability to understand basic math and numbers
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools and other equipment as required
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Punctual and reliable
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results